Solar Operations and Maintenance Engineer M/F
Presentation of the company
Established in 2009 in Marseille, France, CVE, the mother company of CVE South Africa, is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) of renewable energy. The group develops, finances, builds, and operates solar farms and biogas production units.
With an installed or under construction capacity of 528 MWp, CVE has experienced rapid growth, anchored around its three main values: commitment on sustainability, quality (CVE is ISO 9001 certified) and transparency.
The team comprises 300 staff members spread across various departments: support functions, commercial, engineering, construction, and operations.
CVE has initiated its international development in 2014, in Africa and in Chile, and has launched the North America Region in 2016.
CVE South Africa is the third subsidiary of CVE with Chili and North America.
CVE SA has been created in January 2021 and has now a staff of 5 members including the General Manager
CVE’s ambition is to build and operate a park of renewable, complementary, clean, and sustainable assets of a capacity of 2GW in 2025.
The Solar Operations and Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the operational management of the solar assets of CVE South Africa. The role will ensure that the portfolio of solar plants is operated in a sustainable and optimized manner, in coordination with the Control Room of the Group, based in France, and that CVE South Africa is keeping up with all internal and external requirements.
You are notably in charge of:
- Implementation and commissioning of the O&M tools (incl. among others the monitoring software and the CMMS) for the daily operation and the KPIs consolidation (PV Plants performance, availability, and aging), in coordination with the HQs team
- Installation and maintenance of the communication lines/equipment between the solar farms and the monitoring software
- Daily monitoring and supervision of the performance of the solar plants through the tools in place
- Weekly, monthly, and yearly analysis and reports of the production
- Conduct the studies that negatively affect the performance of the plants (breakdown, failures, incidents, disasters, claims, technical expertise….)
- Analysis, recommendations and lay out of corrective action plans to improve the reliability of the production and the accuracy of the forecast
- Integration of the new assets (self-developed or acquired) into our process, ensuring that the various aspects fit with our standards
- Monitoring, evaluation and improvement of OPEX, taking into consideration the current and forecasted prices for services and equipment
- Providing return of experience to the construction and development teams in order to constantly improve on our future assets’ operation and maintenance
- Identify, consult, and deploy a strong network of maintenance providers adapted to the specification of our portfolio
- Management and optimization of the preventive and corrective maintenance tasks ensuring quality, efficiency, and cost saving
- Verify the conformity of the services rendered by the subcontractors, the utilities, the external services providers with their contractual obligations
- Supervise of the subcontractors in charge of the maintenance (invoices, contract management….)
- Internal and external reporting
- External and intercompany contract/obligation management
- Production sales and invoicing process
- O&M warranty, insurance, and claims management
- Regulators, grid operator & local authorities’ interface
Security, Quality and Environment commitment:
- Vouch for the respect of Health and Safety procedures and the applicable regulations
- Ensure the full deployment of ISO 9001 and 14001 certification processes throughout the solar Operations
This position reports to the South African Country Manager of CVE and could also be performed from Johannesburg.
You have an electrical engineering background with at least 3 years of experience as an electrical or O&M engineer, in energy projects with a first experience in PV solar .
You have a proven experience in project management, in managing subcontractors in the solar industry.
Autonomous, rigorous, and responsive, you know how to get work done, negotiate contracts and be decisive.
You are convinced that renewable energy will play a major role in the future, and you are an advocate of the transition to clean energy. You are willing to join a company experiencing very high growth and which sets for itself ambitious and captivating goals.
IT savvy is required.