Country Manager - Spain M/F
Presentation of the company
Founded in late 2009, CVE is a French independent power producer of renewable, multi-energy and multi-country. Headquartered in France, the group who started its international development in 2014 is now active in Chile, North-America and South Africa with local subsidiary.
CVE develops, finances, builds and operates photovoltaic or hydro power plants as well as biogas units, with a clear strategic vision : fulfil the energy and environmental needs of companies and communities with local distributed energy supplied in a direct sale model.
Today, with € 712 million invested in our assets representing 550 MWp and enabling to produce 938 GWh, CVE is experiencing a strong growth, built in particular around 4 values : a strong human project, transparency, commitment and quality (CVE is ISO 9001: 2015/14001: 2015 certified).
The team counts over 350 employees, divided between commercial, technical (engineering, construction, operation), administrative and financial missions.
CVE aims to build, within 5 years, a park of complementary renewable energy assets, targeting a capacity of 2.3 GW and to become a reference player in the supply of green energy produced and consumed locally.
The Spain Country Manager will be given the challenge to develop CVE photovoltaic activities throughout Spain and to meet high level objectives.
The core areas of responsibilities are:
- Launch, organize, structure our Spain subsidiary in alignment with the group strategy: decentralized renewable energy production sold through PPAs to B2B clients, medium utility and local communities (C&I market).
- Lead operations: business development (from client sourcing to permitting), construction, O&M of solar power plants, client service related to electricity sale.
- Ensure the financing of our solar assets with the support and the guidance of our project finance team.
More globally he/she will be the sole representative of the company in Spain and will have to embrace all the aspects of the management of a subsidiary which is far remote from the headquarter of the Group. Beyond the core responsibilities he/she will have to deliver the following:
- Strategy, P&L and reporting :
o Define CVE Spain strategy adapted to local market and regulation, in accordance with the board guidelines and group business plan
o Build the Spain business plan and the annual budget
o Set a local vision aligned with the group strategy
o Handle accountings and manage the profit and loss according to the defined budget
o Ensure a consistent and transparent reporting to the board
- Staff recruitment and management:
o Define HR needs and run recruitments
o Set employees goal and quantitative objectives
o Train and develop employees, monitor and review performance
o Relay and implement CVE group’s human policy, values and spirit
o Drive relationship between HQ and Spain teams to ensure a full integration of the team within the whole group
- Business development:
o Drive Project development and electricity sales (Power Purchase Agreement or on the free market) to meet short and mid-term goals on the utility and C&I market
o Identify, size and launch new business lines or market opportunities
o Grow and service the client base
o Maximize the performance through key partnerships
- Project finance:
o Manage bank and key investors relationships
o Collaborate actively in project financing along with the Project Finance team
o Manage assets in compliance with the Group targeted IRR
- Technical operations:
o Organize technical operations from construction of small to medium size solar power plants (rooftop, ground mounted, solar canopies) to O&M
o Implement and manage in-house engineering expertise and capabilities
o Implement local subcontracting
- Procedures and systems:
o Maximize operating efficiency in accordance with the group processes and in a collaborative approach with International Development and Technical Directors
o Enforce group quality policy throughout the operating processes
o Ensure ethic policy enforcement
- External relationship:
o Represent CVE Spain in front of Spain administration, local authorities and in the PV branch associations
o Build CVE brand awareness within the business community
The candidate is fully accountable for the results of the country. Reporting to the international development Director you will be part of the top executives of the CVE group.
The candidate must ensure that company goals are met in a timely fashion by efficiently and effectively managing people and resources.
Profile and experience:
- Several years of experience in the Renewable Energy industry, ideally PV, with a key role in international developments
- Business-unit management experience in a multi-cultural organization
- Strong sale & technical operations experience in the industrial field, ideally renewables
- Very good strategic and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written skills in Spanish , English and ideally French
Key personal skills :
- Strong communicator
- High level of interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish and maintain professional relationships, externally and at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and people oriented management skills : able to motivate teams to deliver on a range of projects, in complex environments, and handle priority management.
- At ease in multicultural environments.
- Hands-on mindset, strong operational skills with a constructive solution-oriented attitude.
- Loyal to his management, compliant with ethic and legal obligations and internal values.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle high sales and development targets.
- Entrepreneur mindset and will to become a business partner, result oriented, contributor to operational excellence and to CVE development in Spain
The ideal candidate will have shown charisma and stamina in prior management positions, being able to project energy to the organization and to rally the teams around a common goal.
You are convinced that renewable energies have a major role to play in the future of Spain and wish to contribute to this transition. You want to join a dynamic and fast-growing company, aiming at having a positive social impact, carrying an exciting business project and relying on strong and respectful values.